Weather: get your social deadlines extended

Publié le 08 juillet 2024 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Following the storms that have affected the Rhône-Alpes, Pays de la Loire, Brittany, Champagne-Ardenne and Martinique regions, the Urssaf is putting in place an emergency plan to accompany affected businesses and self-employed people.

Image 1
Image 1Crédits: Rico Löb -

Carryover of maturities

If you were unable to file your social security returns on time due to bad weather, the Urssaf says that it is possible to request a postponement of the deadlines of contributions and to obtain a delay of payment.

How do I proceed?

To request this postponement, contact the Urssaf via your secure messaging. Go to the “E-mail” section and click on “Declarative formality”. You will then have to make this request in the tab “Declare an exceptional situation (natural disaster, fire...)”.

You can also contact the Urssaf by telephone :

  • if you are an employer: at 3957 choice 3 ;
  • if you are self-employed: at 3698 choice 0.

CPSTI aid to self-employed workers

The Social Protection Council for the Self-Employed (CPSTI) also helps self-employed workers affected by the recent storms. This emergency aid can go up to €2,000.

To get this help, you must:

  • contribute as a principal self-employed person;
  • do not combine employment and retirement (in this case, ask the Carsat from your home).

This request is made by form.

Upon receipt of the application, you will be able to obtain assistance within 15 days.