Request a European Professional Card (EPC or EPC) for the recognition of qualifications of regulated professions (e-service)

European Commission

You come from a country of the European Union (EU)and you settle for a long period in another EU country than yours.

You want to exercise a occupation who is regulated ?

You must perform a application for recognition of your professional qualifications.

This recognition will be given to you if you obtain the European Professional Card (EPC English or CPE in French).

This EPC certificate shall apply only to the following regulated professions:

  • Nurse
  • Pharmacist
  • Physical therapist
  • Mountain guide
  • Real Estate Agent


If you are doctor, nurse general care, midwife, veterinarian, dentist, pharmacist or architect, you have a automatic recognition your qualifications. Be careful, despite the automatic recognition you are still obliged to perform a online application. The details of this formality are explained on the following page: How does automatic recognition work for these 7 sectoral professions?

The period of treatment of a request varies between 1-4 months.

At the end of the process, after the processing time of your application, you must download your European Professional Card (EPC).

Before creating your personal account online, it is recommended that you consult the European Professional Card (EPC) Application and User Guide.

After reading this User's Guide, you should register and create a personal account by clicking on the link below:

Go to the online procedure

Verified 17 April 2024 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

J'ai réalisé une démarche administrative

Je donne mon avis sur Services Publics +. L'administration concernée me répondra.