Support for training of self-employed workers

Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

In return for the contribution to vocational training (MFF) to which they are subject, self-employed workers may, subject to conditions, receive full or partial funding for their training.

A self-employed person may receive aid to finance training if he has paid the MFF: titleContent.

This aid is managed by a training assurance fund (FAF) which differs according to the nature of its activity, i.e. according to its NAF code (or code) EPA: titleContent).

Example :

A micro-entrepreneur who carries out a professional activity (consultancy, consulting, training, etc.) is attached to the FAF of the liberal professions: FIF-PL.

The collaborating spouse also benefits if the MFF-collaborating spouse has been paid.

Tableau - Self-employed workers' training insurance fund

Main activity (according to NAF code)

Training Insurance Fund

Liberal profession

Interprofessional Fund for the Training of Liberal Professionals (IFF-PL)

Medical profession

Medical Profession Training Insurance Fund (FAF-PM)

Merchant and self-employed manager of commerce, industry and services

Association for the Management of the Financing of the Training of Heads of company (Agefice)

Author Artist

Culture, Communication and Recreation Training Insurance Fund (AFDAS)

Craftsman, company manager including micro-entrepreneur registered in the National company Directory (RNE) craft trades section

Insurance Fund for Training of Craft companies (FAFCEA)

Farm and Forestry Operator

Life Entrepreneurs Training Fund (Vivéa)

Fishing professional: shellfish farmer, head of company for marine crops

OPCO Ocapiat

If you are a craftsman-merchant, it is the FACEA or the regional chamber of trades, which is responsible for funding, and not the agency.


A micro-entrepreneur with a turnover of €0 for a period of 12 consecutive months may not be covered by its training expenses.

Before applying, the self-employed worker must have the proof of payment of the MFF: titleContent  provided by the Urssaf on his personal account.

He must submit an application for reimbursement to the training insurance fund (FAF) on which he depends.

The request is made at least 1 month before the start of the planned training.

Any request submitted outside the deadline will be refused.

If more than one course is involved, a request for support must be submitted for each course.


the self-employed professional must submit his application for care no later than 10 calendar days following 1er training day.

CPF criteria

On the Personal Training Account (PTA), the authorized courses are as follows:

  • Management training linked to the exercise of the function of Head of company
  • Training of advice and support to start a project of creation or take-over of a company, then to ensure a reliable future for its company
  • Skills assessment
  • Training for EEV: titleContent
  • Preparation of driving license, theoretical and practical test, for light and heavy vehicles
FAF criteria

In addition to the CPF criteria, there are the criteria specific to each training insurance fund (FAF), depending on the self-employed worker's trade.

Applicants must consult the FAF they belong to and thus be aware of the training courses for which they are funded.

The amount of funding for training costs depends on the NAF code of each activity and on the training topics selected by the representatives of the profession.

Only teaching costs, including distance learning, are reimbursed. Meal, hotel or transport costs are excluded.

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region