Build your business plan
Verified 26 October 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
The business plan is written record which presents your company project in detail. It will be your tool to the banks and investors. He's talking to them. We explain how to build.
The business plan must be salesman, reassuring, that is to say realistic, thus built from the ground and your research.
He must prove that your project is serious.
It must be both synthetic and very accurate with your forecast.
The main investors you need to convince with your business plan are:
- Local communities
- Future Associates
- Anyone you're looking for funds from
Depending on the investor you are talking to, you put certain information forward.
You have to multiple versions according to contact.
The package consists of 5 parts:
- Introduction pitch presentation
- Introducing your product (or service)
- Introducing your business model (also called business strategy)
- Your market research (summary)
- Your financial forecast (summary)
One pitch is the presentation of your project for convince an interlocutor.
It must be condensed.
You have to convince in a short time.
The goal of this summary is to prove:
- Your Ability to Undertake
- Your suitability for the project
- Your serious project preparation
- If you are more than one partner, your cohesion
It is recommended to write multiple versions of this introduction according to the different types of investors to be convinced.
- To convince a public investor, you will place more emphasis on the service you provide to the business.
- To convince angel business, you will insist on the innovative nature of your offer.
In this introduction, you should answer the following questions:
- Who are you and who are your team members (collaborators, associates)?
- What's your plan? This is the name of your company, its legal form, its domicile, the nature of the activity, the history of the project.
- What is your target? It's about showing you have identified your future customers.
- What's the environment? This is to show that you have identified competition, constraints, risks, trends in your market, etc.
- What are your development ambitions? It's about showing you have a short, medium and long term vision.
This information should help you understand what your ideas are. your values, motivates youtherefore the meaning of your project.
If you're a group of people who build a company, you have to feel the cohesion of the team and the complementarity of the members.
This presentation must prove your ability to on the court and long.
Describe yourself what you will sell.
This description must be precise, concise, clear.
We must avoid using too technical terms.
You be by people who don't know anything about your business.
you can make diagrams, drawings, etc. to accompany this product description.
You must determine how you will sell your product or service.
The business model is called in different ways: a marketing strategy, a business strategy, amix-marketingor business model.
Answer the following questions
- How will you make yourself known? promotion will be performed for your product or service?
- What will rates ?
- What will suppliers ?
- Who will make your product or service?
- What will be your channels distribution, where will your product or service be sold (internet, professional networks, shops etc.)?
- What will be the relationship with your customers, how retain ?
- Where stored your products?
- What will be the tracks of development your activity (internet, national, international, etc.)?
Target All Constraints
It's about predicting what can hold you back.
You need to identify what can drive up your costs: storage, production, distribution, communication.
- Does the fluctuating price of raw materials affect your production?
- Do suppliers in the sector have a monopoly?
- Is the demand for your product seasonal?
You have to prove that you have thought about
- how to overcome these constraints
- and how you planned to cope loss of profits, higher charges, new competitors, etc.
The goal is to explain:
- Who are your future customers?
- What added value does your product bring to the market?
- In what environment does your future business fit?
we explain detail what a market study is and how to do it in our fact sheet on market research.
The goal is to show that your company will profitable.
It is also called a financing plan or estimates.
The financial forecast (or budget forecast) is part of your market study. This is the last part of your market research.
You have to build this budget on 3 years ahead.
You encrypt :
- Your expenses
- Your revenue
- Your financing needs
- Your business and market fluctuations
It takes place in 4 :
- Result Account
- Funding Plan
- Budget or cash plan
These 4 parts correspond to 4 encrypted tables.
we explain details 4 steps a budget and how to build in our market research.
To small and medium-sized and micro-entreprises, do you have a business project, a difficulty or a question ?
Quick and simple public service: you will be contacted over the phone by one of our experts.Speak with an advisor on Place des Entreprises