How to combine the status of job seeker and micro-entrepreneur?
Verified 30 August 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
As a jobseeker, you have the opportunity to become a micro-entrepreneur with some support.
You need to check if there is a non-compete clause in your old employment contract.
This clause prevents you from performing an activity similar to that which you had as an employee after the termination of your employment contract.
So you can't set up a company that could compete with your employer's after your period of employment. However, there is nothing to prevent you from being a micro-entrepreneur in another field.
To be valid, this clause must be limited in time or space (place). It only applies to a specific activity. Finally, she must be paid.
You are a grocery store employee and you want to start your company.
You will not be able to create a grocery store after the end of your employment contract, however you will be able to create any other type of store (clothing store, bakery...).
Pôle emploi helps registered jobseekers set up their micro-company by offering them 2 aids. You can choose from the following aids:
- Return-to-work assistance allowance (ARE): This aid allows you to receive a monthly allowance in addition to what you receive with your micro-entrepreneur activity.
- Recovery and company creation support (ARCE): this aid allows you to receive in 2 installments a percentage of your unemployment benefit according to what you still have to collect.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Unemployment benefit and return-to-work assistance (ARE)Service-Public.fr
- Tax and social arrangements for micro-companies
- Assist with recovery or company creation (Arce)
- Accounting obligations of the micro-entrepreneur
- Micro-entrepreneur guide 2022Urssaf
- Microcompany FAQMinistry of Economy
- Return to Employment Assistance (RWA) (PDF - 374.7 KB)Pôle emploi