Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

In what cases must the articles of association of a company be registered?

Verified 16 September 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

You must register the articles of association of your company with the business tax department (SIE) in the following 2 cases:

  • The statutes were established by a notarial act, a bailiff's act or a court decision
  • Articles of association shall include contributions of immovable property, shares or shares (transfer of ownership of immovable property, commercial funds, transfer of shares, etc.)

There are standard statuses, for sale in specialized bookstores.

Model of incorporation act

Model articles of association of a SARL

Who shall I contact


do not confuse registration with the business tax department (SIE) with registration of a company.. Registration with the Commercial and Company Register (RCS) for traders, or the Chamber of Trades for craftsmen, is mandatory. Without this registration, the company has no legal existence and cannot contract with customers.

To small and medium-sized and micro-entreprises, do you have a business project, a difficulty or a question ?

Quick and simple public service: you will be contacted over the phone by one of our experts.

Speak with an advisor on Place des Entreprises