How to combine the status of pensioner and micro-entrepreneur?
Verified 07 September 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
As a retiree, you have the opportunity to become a micro-entrepreneur. We explain the conditions that must be met.
To combine your status as a pensioner with that of a micro-entrepreneur, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must have liquidated all your vested rights for retirement.
- You've reached thestatutory retirement age.
- You must have ceased all professional ties with your former employer at the time of termination of your contract.
- If you want to work with your former employer: you must have started to collect your pensions for at least six months.
You must inform the national old-age insurance fund in writing of the resumption of a self-employed activity within one month of the resumption of activity:
Who shall I contact
You must provide the following:
- Name and address of the company where you carry out your independent activity
- Start date of your activity
- Amount and nature of income from your activity and the social security schemes to which you are affiliated
- Income Tax Credits for the Period of Service
- Name and address of other pension organization(s) paying you a pension
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
Liberalized employment-pension cumulation
You can accumulate your retirement pension and your micro-entrepreneur employment income without a limit if you meet the following conditions:
- You have reached the legal retirement age.
- You can justify a full career or have reached the age of full rate.
- You have liquidated all your basic and supplementary pensions in the compulsory pension schemes of France and the foreigners and in the schemes of international organizations.
Capped employment-pension accumulation
If you do not meet the conditions for liberalized job-pension cumulation, you can combine your professional income and your pension. In this case, it must not exceed one of the following ceilings depending on your situation:
- You are located in a rural revitalization area (ZRR: titleContent) or a priority urban area (ZUP: titleContent): the annual amount of your retirement pensions and income must not exceed €41,136.
- You are a member of the Cnavpl: titleContent : the annual amount of your retirement pensions and income should not exceed €41,136.
- You are a member of the Cnav: titleContent : the amount of your retirement pensions and income must not exceed €20,568.
When you exceed the threshold that corresponds to your situation, your retirement pensions are no longer paid.
To start your micro-entrepreneur business, you need to make a application for registration.
You must report your turnover as a micro-entrepreneur. Your sales are taxed on the plan micro-fiscal taxation.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region