Hiring aids for a learning contract
Verified 30 June 2022 - Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister), Ministry of Vocational Training
Assistance is provided to employers who recruit apprentices. The amount varies depending on the date of hiring.
the Ministry of Labour proposes a simplification guide for hiring people on assisted contracts.
Hiring until end of 2022
Help €5 000 or €8 000 is granted to companies for the hiring of apprentices whose contracts are signed until 31 December 2022.
Company of less than 250 employees
The following 2 conditions must be met:
- The contract must be signed between July 2020 and December 2022
- The diploma or professional certificate prepared in an apprenticeship contract must not be higher than the Bac +5 level
Company of 250+ employees
4 conditions must be met:
- The contract must be signed until 31 December 2022
- The diploma or professional certificate prepared in an apprenticeship contract must not exceed the Bac +5 level
- The company must commit itself to hiring a minimum threshold of employees on an employment contract. This threshold shall be 5% calculated as at 31 December 2023. These are apprenticeship contracts, professionalisation contracts, CIFRE contracts or LIFE contracts. The threshold for staff on employment contracts may be lowered to 3% if the increase in the number of apprenticeship or professional contracts in 2023 compared to 2022 is at least 10%.
- The company must complete an undertaking
One Department of Labour Frequently Asked Questions addresses questions about exceptional assistance in hiring apprentices, exceptional assistance in the hiring of employees under professional contracts.
other aid shall apply toapprenticeship hiring of disabled person.
- €5 000 maximum for the first year if the apprentice is a minor
- €8 000 maximum for the first year if the apprentice is an adult
The aid is granted and paid automatically after the employer has forwarded the signed learning contract to his Opco: titleContent.
The employer then sends out his or her personal social statement (DSN) and mentions the information regarding this new hire.
The aid is paid to the employer each month at the 1re year of the apprenticeship contract.
If the aid amounts to €8 000, then the company receives every month for 1 year: €8 000 / 12 = €666.67.
you view OPCO list to send the contract to the one that corresponds to your activity.
For all information, the SPA provides an assistance number for employers:
Who shall I contact
if the contract is longer than 1 year, the company may apply for the one-time aid on the 2e contract year, from 1to January 2023.
Hiring from 1 January 2023
Learning aid is granted to companies who will recruit apprentices who are preparing a diploma or diploma for professional purposes at or below the baccalaureate. It will be paid annually for 3 or 4 years depending on the duration of the contract.
4 conditions must be met:
- The company must hire an apprentice on an apprenticeship contract
- Contract must be signed from 1to January 2023
- The company must have fewer than 250 employees
- The company must recruit an apprentice who prepares a diploma or a professional qualification of a level less than or equal to the Bac +2 for the overseas departments and regions.
- 1re contract year: the maximum aid amount is €4,125
- 2e contract year: the maximum aid amount is €2,000
- 3e year of performance of the contract (and 4e year if the contract exceeds 3 years): the maximum aid amount is €1,200
Aid may be requested from January 2023.
The employer must send the apprenticeship contract to its skills operator (OPCO). According to OPCO, the deposit is made either online via their website or by mail.
Once the contract has been registered and the Monthly DSN In fact, you must report the presence or absence of the employee concerned on the SYLAé platform.
Payment of aid is automatic.
Each month, the Service and Payment Agency (ASP) sends a notice of payment to the employer, which can be consulted on the same platform.
Who shall I contact
if the contract is breached before its due date, the aid shall be paid until the last month of the contract. For the months following the end of the contractual relationship, overpayments must be refunded to the SPA.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
To small and medium-sized and micro-entreprises, do you have a business project, a difficulty or a question ?
Quick and simple public service: you will be contacted over the phone by one of our experts.Speak with an advisor on Place des Entreprises
- Decree No. 2022-958 of 29 June 2022 extending the exemption to the amount of the one-off aid to employers of apprentices and exceptional assistance to employers of apprentices and employees on contracts of professionalisationExtension of exceptional aid until December 2022
- Decree No. 2021-223 of 26 February 2021 temporarily derogating from the amount of the single aid to employers of apprenticesExceptional aid for contracts concluded between 1 and 31 March 2021
- Decree No. 2020-1085 of 24 August 2020 on aid to employers of apprentices provided for in Article 76 of Law No. 2020-935 of 30 July 2020 of Amending Finances for 2020
- Labour Code: Articles L6243-1 to L6243-1-2
- Labour Code: items D6243-1 to D6243-4
- One-time help for employers who recruit in apprenticeshipMinistry of Labour
- Questions and Answers on Unique Assistance to Apprenticeship Employers (PDF - 1.6 MB)Ministry of Labour
- Competence Operators (OPCO)Ministry of Labour
- Site of the AgefiphAssociation for the Management of the Disability Employment Fund (Agefiph)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Alternance Recovery PlanMinistry of Labour
- Employer Guide: your aids for alternating hiring (PDF - 4.4 MB)Ministry of Labour