What are the company identification numbers?
Verified 12 April 2019 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The individual enterprise or contractor must request identification numbers for registration and activity reporting from its business formalities center.
The Sirene Directory shall record all undertakings and their establishments, irrespective of their legal form and sector of activity. Foreign companies that have a representation or activity in France are also listed.
Associations shall not have a legal obligation to register in the Sirene Directory unless:
- they employ staff,
- they are engaged in activities which entail payment of VAT or corporation tax,
- or receive public subsidies.
To small and medium-sized and micro-entreprises, do you have a business project, a difficulty or a question ?
Quick and simple public service: you will be contacted over the phone by one of our experts.Speak with an advisor on Place des Entreprises
- Search in French activity nomenclature (NAF)
- Sirene Directory Situation Notice
- Registration in the Register of Trade and Companies (RCS)
- Research on enterprises registered in the Register of Trade and Companies (RCS)
- Request to change an association's primary activity code (EPA)
- LEI France