Company creation: formalities for the registration of a micro-enterprise (self-employed)
Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Want to become a micro-entrepreneur? After completing various formalities, including your domicile, you must proceed to the registration of your company.
The registration of the company takes place after certain formalities. For example:
- Formalities related to regulated activities (application for approval, diploma, license...)
- Domiciliation on your company
- Your report to La Poste
- Acquisition of the various registers useful to your company
- Declaration of unseizability of property
Since 1er january 2023, it is no longer possible to carry out your procedures in a company Formalities Center (CFE). You must make them on the website of the company formalities office.
You must apply for registration at the company formalities window:
You must submit the following documents in PDF format:
- If you have not signed your company creation declaration yourself, original of the power by which you authorize a third party to sign the declaration on your behalf. Copy of the identity documents of the signatory third party
- Entitlement of domiciliation of your company with the clearly identifiable address (water or electricity or gas bill, lease contract)
- Declaration on Honor of non-conviction and proof of parentage dated and signed by you
- Copy of your ID
- Copy of company project support contract (Cape: titleContent)
- If you engage in a regulated activity, copy of the authorization to pursue the activity, the diploma or the diploma
- If you're married, exemplary dated and signed the certificate of the issuance of the information given to the spouse of the consequences on the common property of the debts incurred in the exercise of your profession
- If you are in a cohabitation, a joint life certificate or declaration on the honor of cohabitation
- If you have made a declaration that your property is exempt from seizure, authentic copy of that statement
- In case of management leasing, copy of the contract and certification of publication in a medium authorized to receive legal announcements
- In the case of agency management, a copy of the agency management contract and certification of publication in a medium authorized to receive legal announcements
If you provide inaccurate or incomplete information in bad faith, you are liable to a fine of €4,500 and six months in prison.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
You have less than 11 employees
You are registered by the company formalities window in the national company register (RNE: titleContent) and the register of commerce and businesses (SCR: titleContent).
You are registered by the company formalities window in the national company register (RNE: titleContent).
You have 11 or more employees
You are a member of the National company Directory (RNE: titleContent).
Registration is free of charge.
Once your complete file has been sent, you will receive a receipt for the deposit of a company creation file (RDDCE) marked Pending Registration.
This receipt is important because it will allow you to do all the necessary procedures with public and private organizations. For example, you can subscribe to compulsory and supplementary insurance for the company, join a pension fund.
The receipt is valid until you receive a notification from the company formalities window confirming your company's registration. The maximum validity of the receipt is 1 month.
Once you have registered, you will receive a document containing your Siren number.
If your file is incomplete, you will receive a receipt from the company formalities desk, which will indicate the missing items to be sent. You will have a deadline of 15 working days upon receipt of the receipt to send these items.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Company Formalities Window
- Artist-author: declaration of activity
- Company Creation: Choose and protect the company name
- Company creation: domiciliate your company and your business
- Creating a company: implementing mandatory registers
- Creating a business: Writing and Saving Statuses
- Setting up and depositing the share capital of a business