Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

How do I become a microentrepreneur?

Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

To qualify for the micro-company plan, your turnover or receipts must be below the following thresholds:

  • For trade and housing supply activities: €188,700
  • For service provision or liberal activities: €77,700

Step-by-step approach

This name is also called a name or social.

This is your first and last name, since you carry out your activity in your own name.

You can also choose a commercial or professional name, it is not mandatory but strongly recommended.

If you regulated activity (example: restaurateur, real estate agent, hairdresser), you are subject to certain prior formalities.

For example, an application for an authorisation from your town hall or an application for an authorisation.

The head office corresponds to the address of your company.

This is the address where all documents related to the business' activity are sent.

You can choose to home your company at home or away from home (dedicated office, company sharing, nursery).

Registration on the website of the company company formalities window is not possible.

The address must appear on the commercial documents (quotations, invoices in particular).

Any change of address, considered as a transfer of registered office, must be reported on the company formalities window.

Company formalities window

Once you have determined your head office, it is important to communicate this address to the Post Office the nearest one so that you can receive your mail.

As a micro-entrepreneur, your personal heritage is protected. Only your professional heritage (assigned to the activity of your company) can be seized in case of difficulties.

We need declare your company.

This declaration of existence is also called registration. It's free.

Once registration has been completed RNE: titleContent when you do this, you get the following credentials:

  • 2 unique identification numbers:
    • The Siren identifies your company. You will use in all your relationships (with administrations, customers, etc.).
    • The Siret identifies the institution where the activity is carried out.
  • One APE activity code (main activity carried out)

Once the business is recorded, it is important to obtain a number of accounting records, related to employees or security.

These registers are for the most part mandatory and depend on the type of activity you are involved in (liberal, artisanal, commercial...).

Depending on the registry, it may be in paper or electronic form.

Depending on the activity you perform, you may be subject to a take out certain insurance.

This is also the case if you hire employees or if you have businesses.

Even if you are not required to insure, taking out insurance is highly recommended and may prove useful in the future. For example: insure the company's property against water damage, fires.

To small and medium-sized and micro-entreprises, do you have a business project, a difficulty or a question ?

Quick and simple public service: you will be contacted over the phone by one of our experts.

Speak with an advisor on Place des Entreprises